Are money worries keeping you awake at night?
Submitted to Cost of living
You’re not alone. Findings from a recent Angus Reid study suggests many Canadians are worried too!
- More than nine-in-ten say it has become more expensive to improve their home through renovations (96%), potentially purchase a new home (95%), fill their tanks with gas (93%) and buy groceries for their household (92%).
- Overall, Canadians are much more likely to say they are worse off now than they were 12 months ago (34%) than to say that they are better off (20%).
- Most (92%) say their weekly grocery bill increased and nearly as many (85%) believe the cost of groceries will keep going up over the next six months.
- Residents of Alberta (45%) and Saskatchewan (43%) are the most likely to report being worse off than a year ago while those in Ontario (23%) and B.C. (22%) are the most likely to say they are better off.
- More than half of renters in Canada (56%) reported an increase to the amount they pay per month over the last six months. Virtually no one reported (1%) a decrease.
Are money worries keeping you up at night? We'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.